What’s the Mystery Behind Smart Thermostats?
Are you one of those homeowners in Perth who is a little oblivious to ‘smart thermostats’? Don’t worry, you aren’t alone. In this article, we break down smart thermostats for you.
It’s time to stop doing everything manually, and leverage the technological era we live in with smart thermostats!
In short, this is the future in terms of efficiency and savings in the realm of air conditioning. Smart thermostats allow you to control the heating and cooling of your home in Perth with the touch of your smartphone or tablet. Whether you are at work, playing golf, out with friends or simply have found that comfy spot on your couch and don’t want to move.
How do smart thermostats work?
With the power of AI technology, smart thermostats calculate how much time your home takes to heat up or cool down. Not only that, but they also learn your routine and can amend your schedule accordingly. Furthermore, the features of smart thermostats can help you pay less on your power bills too. Furthermore, you can create multiple zones for your smart thermostat. Wherever there’s a sensor, it can adjust the heating or cooling depending on whether it detects movement.
Pros of a smart thermostat:
- Remote Access: Access and adjust your home temperatures from anywhere. Even if you’re at golf with the boys or having lunch with your relatives, you can control your thermostat through an app on your phone or tablet. If you need to, you can even switch off your system as you leave the office, so your home is at the right temperature when you walk through the door. Talk about convenience!
- Multiple Settings: Make your home system work for you. Now, you can set your temperatures and schedule based on your routine and lifestyle. Program it to turn on each afternoon, so your house will already be at your desired temperature when get back. You don’t need to add layers or rug up as the temperature slowly warms up, you can now walk in straight into a warm oasis.
- Energy Savings: Who is going to say no to a lower electricity bill? Due to the fact you can set your schedule and control it remotely, smart thermostats help reduce your energy usage. What’s better is the various eco-features and smart sensors that can detect human movement and lower energy consumption if a room is unoccupied. Receive usage reports to help make the necessary adjustments to save more!
- Diagnostic Reports: Smart thermostats can give you a regular, on-time reminder when you need to change your air conditioner’s filter or carry out preventative maintenance.
- Value Add: If there comes a day where you decide to put your property on the market for sale or rent, having a home that is smart adds an additional selling point and could increase what you can get for your home.
Cons of a smart thermostat:
- Compatibility: Depending on your air conditioning system at home, you may encounter some compatibility issues with a smart thermostat. This is particularly true in older homes orfor outdated air conditioning systems. It may come as a surprise to many, that a lot of air conditioning units do not support Alexa voice control.
- Cost: You can find plenty of affordable smart thermostats on the market. But as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. If your Perth home is old, or if you have a complicated HVAC air conditioning system, you may need to hire a professional to install and integrate your smart thermostat. Factoring in this may end up adding an additional several hundred dollars to your tab (a cost that you do end up saving through the efficiency of your elevated system).
Do you want to install a smart thermostat in your Perth home? Then get in touch with our team of Perth-based HVAC air conditioning experts today. We can assist you with ensuring your home is ready for 2023 and beyond!